1) This contest and use of this website are intended for use by residents of Nigeria or indigenes of Nigeria. The pictures or images submitted must only be those taken in Nigeria that shows or tells a story of how Nigerians have been adapting with the Covid-19 pandemic. Such pictures or images must not be affiliated with any brand or organization.
2) All information on contest rules and participation guidelines for the photography contest is made available on this website.
3) You acknowledge and agree that the entire content, design, selection and arrangement of the content and material contained in this website, including but not limited to text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, (collectively and individually, the "Content") is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, or other proprietary rights and laws. You acknowledge and agree that You are permitted to use the Content only as expressly set out below, and any use such as, but not limited to, copying, reproducing, republishing, transmitting, distributing, offering any of the Content to the public, or creating derivative works of the Content is prohibited without the prior express written authorisation of the organizers of the WeNaija Photography Contest.
4) All Content on the Site remains the property of the Nigeria Solidarity Support Fund (The Fund or NSSF) who is the organizer of this WeNaija Photography Contest, or, in respect of certain images, the author of the image.
5) Information on the Site, including these Terms, is subject to change without notice. Please review these terms regularly to ensure You are aware of any changes made by The Nigeria Solidarity Support Fund (The Fund or NSSF). You agree to be legally bound by these Terms as updated and/or amended.
6) The WeNaija Photography Contest Organizers make no representations that the Content on this Site is appropriate or available for use in all countries. Those who do access this Site are solely responsible for compliance with local laws of the country in which the Content is accessed.
7) While the organizers of the WeNaija Photography Contest will use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information on the Site. The organizers makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy, correctness, reliability or otherwise with respect to such information, and assumes no liability or responsibility for any omissions or errors (including, without limitation, typographical errors and technical errors) in the content.
8) Use of and browsing on the Site is done at Your own risk. Neither WeNaija Photography Contest organizers , nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site, nor any naming right sponsors, event sponsors and third parties affiliated with the Photography Event and (“Event Partners”) shall be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of Your access to, or use of, or browsing the Site, or downloading of any materials, data, text images, video, or audio from the Site, including, without limitation, damage to, or viruses that may infect Your computer equipment or other property as a result thereof. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to You "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
9) The WeNaija Photography Contest reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any image uploaded (“entry”) that does not comply with the following requirements, even after the entry is submitted on the Website. You warrant and represent, in respect of each entry submitted by You (“Entry”), as follows:
a) You are the sole owner and author of each Entry.
b) You have the right to make your Entry available to the site.
c) Entry does not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libellous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane content.
d) Entry does not contain any material that could constitute or encourage conduct which would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The Fund accepts no legal liability for the Entries submitted to this contest.
e) Entry does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity or violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity.
f) Entry is original and unpublished; it does not infringe third-party rights or rights of use, honour, privacy, image, intellectual and/or industrial property; and it complies with all applicable legislation.
g) Entry does not contain any commercial content that promotes any product or service.
h) Entry does not contain screen credits. Note that Entries containing screen credits and prohibited.
10) You confirm that each person depicted in the Entry has granted permission to be portrayed as shown and consent to the terms of your submission on the Site. Any costumes, props or other materials used must be rented or borrowed with the permission of the owner, and all other relevant permissions must have been obtained.
11) You agree to fully indemnify WeNaija Photography Contest Organizers in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person by reason of Your breaching any of the foregoing.
12) The WeNaija Photography Contest will run an online rating process whereby members of the public will vote for a favourite photograph. If there is sufficient evidence (in The WeNaija Photography Contest Organizers sole discretion) to suggest malpractice and manipulation of the rating process, then The WeNaija Photography Contest Organizers have the sole right to remove the relevant Entry or Entries.
13) The procedure for entering this Competition is as follows:
a) Interested participants register and create a profile on the website with their name, email, and phone number.
b) Using any digital device of choice, participants take compelling pictures of how Nigerians have been adapting to the covid-19 pandemic. Pictures must be original concepts.
c) Participants upload the image file on the website. The entry must be labelled with the entrant’s name and a short description of the photograph. Image files must be a minimum of 472 x 591 pixels and not more than 4MB.
d) On submission of the image file, entrant must confirm via mail and share the contest hashtag on social media.
e) Each entrant can submit no more than two photo entries.
f) Entrant must follow the contest information on the website and the organizer’s social media pages to know when voting opens and solicit for votes.
14) The WeNaija Photography Contest begins on December 1, 2021, at 00:01am and ends on December 25, 2021, by 11:59pm WAT.
15) All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have won a prize in any other photographic contest. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit which include an identifiable person or persons have been taken with the permission of the person or persons pictured and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
16) Copyright in all images submitted for this contest remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the contest, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, and exclusive licence to the WeNaija Photography Contest organizers to feature any or all the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
17) You acknowledge that it is Your responsibility to protect Your Entry against image misuse by any third party, which includes but is not limited to, the insertion of a watermark, for example. The WeNaija Photography Contest Organizers and its Partners assume no responsibility and are not liable for any image misuse.
18) Participants are only allowed to submit TWO entries. Blurry, illegible, incomplete, defaced, or corrupt entries will not be accepted.
19) The winning entry will be that which is adjudged to be the most visually appealing, original, depicting how Nigerians have been responding to the changes since the covid-19 pandemic hit.
20) This Competition is open to every Nigerian between the ages of 18-30 years old that is creatively inclined and desires to express the creativity through photography using any digital device at their disposal to take compelling images that ties in with the “Visions of Nigeria” theme as stated on the website.
21) Winners will be contacted to redeem prizes within a month after notification. The Winners may be required to take part in publicity which may include but not limited to press interviews and features in print, broadcast, and online medi20. The prizes as described are available as at the date of publication. All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives to non-cash prizes.
22) Events may occur that render the contest itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of The WeNaija Photography Contest organizers and accordingly The WeNaija Photography Contest organizers may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the Competition and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the contest organizers, Nigeria Solidarity Support Fund (NSSF/The Fund) as a result thereof.
23) This contest shall be governed by the Laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
24) The organizers possess the right to adjust the Terms and Conditions as deemed necessary, for the good of all concerned.
25) The Winners will sign a contract with the Fund, assigning non-exclusive image rights of their works. This contract will authorise the foundation to reproduce, exhibit, publicly convey by any means, transform, or translate (without compromising its integrity) the prize-winning work(s) owned by the artist anywhere in the world, clearly indicating the author’s name, with powers of assignment to third parties. This authorisation is valid in the context of the Fund’s WeNaija Photography Contest which purpose is to support Nigerian youths in acquiring life-changing skills.
26) You hereby authorise the Fund to process Your personal data for the purpose of preparing said contract and enabling the foundation to use the rights of the Winning works in the manner described above. The Fund will not use these personal data for any other purpose. Legal authorisation to process the personal data of contest participants will be granted upon submission of Each Entry. The personal data collected by the Fund will not be disclosed to third parties, except when legally obligated to do so.